Saturday, October 5, 2013

Love like Jesus

He who covers and forgives an offense seeks love, but he who repeats or harps on a matter separates even close friends. Proverbs 17:9

I happened to read this verse and felt it. I have a few close friends. I love how our relationships are. We were all primary and secondary school friends. It is like we have known each other for our entire life. I love my churchmates as well. Theyre all very loving and caring. They were there to watch me grow spiritually day by day. I love uni friends too, to get to know different people all over the places, to understand each other throughout our uni life. I really am grateful. I thank God, these people that walked into my life, never left. Even when we are all at a different countries, different time zone, we keep in touch once in a while and talked about every part of our lives.

Me and my close friends, of course we do fight, we do tear our faces and shouted nasty things about each other. But eventually, we grew, and learn how to love! Isnt that amazing. That is what keeping them all around me till today.

Love can easily turn into hatred. When you don love from the bottom of your heart, when you don love like how Jesus loves us. In only a split second of your anger and emotions, your so called love can changed into jealousy, complaints and anger. Humans tend to sin like this. It is like you're stepping on a huge cliff, if you happen to take another step without thinking, you'll fall off hurting yourself, hurting people who truly loves you.

Love can covers. It means you don take in offenses and make a revenge out of it. God doesnt do that. God's love covers us, He forgives us. It doesnt mean that you ignore all the faults that have been done. It simply means, you don outraged yourself, pause for a sec to think what Jesus would do at that very moment!

To think how great how deep how high how wide! is God's love, never stops to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment