Saturday, November 30, 2013

Music

USM Jazz Band you rock! Yesterday's night concert was a blast! Ive been to their concert for two years straight. I was still feeling very enthusiastic. It always gives me an impulse to motivate myself to brush up my music skills.

Feeling ashamed, i always did not manage to keep up my training on instruments. I played the piano, for like 7 to 8 years and then stopped playing. At that time, i played that three exam sheets repeatedly for one whole year just to pass for the next level. And so, I got bored of the exams that i need to take every year. I got bored of the classic songs that i was forced to play each time. When the interest in piano was getting less and less, i'm not happy in doing it, so i quit. There goes my piano left in my house collecting dust.

I played piccolo and flute, during my secondary school. Both piccolo and flute are quite the same thing, as the only different is the pitch difference and size. I joined marching band in school. That was one of my glorious moments and awesome memories. I really enjoyed music band in school where we can all indulge in playing different kinds of music and perform together as one. That feeling of playing one sound by 60 of us and win the crowds' heart and applause was indescribable. So when i left secondary school, i stopped playing as well.

I tried a lot of instruments to make me last in one particular instrument and be good at it. The percussion, violin, and more of the woodwinds. But i always give up in the end, thinking i am not suitable for it. And now, i am playing the guitar. Not yet giving up, i am still learning. I feel very much satisfying when the tips of my fingers getting hardened day by day when i practice. Thanks to my church, they are so willing to give me the opportunity to learn and taking a step ahead to serve the Lord. Claps to myself that i get to play a few songs that i want now. I guess as long as i have an aim in doing it, i can hold on to it as long as i want to.

Same goes to theory in life, i always give up on things that i do not like. Or perhaps, i did things aimlessly. I did not have a purpose in stand up to it back then. I did not find it worth doing. But the bible said, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Everything that happens comes with a reason. When i have that one particular purpose to keep me going, i have faith that i can do it. And i believe the highest aim that i have now is Christ. The holy one that commanded us to be strong and courageous, do not be frightened nor dismayed, for our God is with us.


Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matt 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment